Sweet And Spicy Sweet Potatoes


December 12, 2011

Make It Tonight Monday!
For a Christmas Dinner inspired potluck that I was going to I decided to bring these super easy sweet and spicy sweet potatoes, as I felt that they complimented the traditional Christmas dinner fixings quite well. I've also made this recipe so many times I could probably do it in my sleep, so I knew it would be a breeze. These potatoes are very simple to prepare, and they transported to the potluck Christmas party effortlessly. 


I hijacked this recipe from allrecipes.com here is a link: 

|| Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potatoes ||

Ingredients: 
2 Sweet Potatoes 
1-2 tbs Olive Oil 
pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1 tbs Brown Sugar 
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Onion Salt
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 
1/2 tsp Ground black pepper 

Directions:
Preheat oven 350. 

Wash, and scrub your sweet potatoes really well making sure to remove any dirt. Dry off, and cut off the little nubby ends. Leaving the skin on continue to cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Place in a bowl and set aside. 



In a small bowl combine spices. Coat potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with the spices mixture be sure to mix well to coat all the potatoes in the spice mixture.

Spread potatoes out onto a baking sheet, you can use parchment paper if you want, but it is optional. 

Bake for 20-30 minutes (turning once) and voila you'll be a hit at the next potluck. 

Happy Monday, 
sincerely
sp

No comments:

Post a Comment